Every analyst knows that we are now on “hot season” of the year, when SEC database are slowly filled by 10-K reports of companies considering the nearly coming tax filing deadline. All are set and waiting for top companies’ announcements on their report filings, offering fresh XBRL data for analysis and comparison. Each report might indicate to buy, to hold or to let go; hence, must be at hand upon filing. Therefore, getting ahead on grabbing these data offers a great investment opportunity at large. Let us show you on how to get these valuable data right after SEC database received them.
We already announced last year that XBRLAnalyst can track filed SEC reports for you, and now, let us discuss further its benefits in detail:
1. Receive real-time filings alerts to your email and XBRLAnalyst ribbon for your saved Company List (Clist)
This offers our subscriber the privilege to receive alerts/notifications to your registered email or to show in your XBRLAnalys ribbon any SEC filings done by your company list. Below are the steps on how to activate it:
- Click “Alerts” and choose “Manage CList and Alerts” from the dropdown list. A window of “Edit my Definitions” will open to show your saved Company List (Clist). As exampled below, there are 4 filings alerts related to the Clist “TopPipeCompanies”
- Reports are categorized based on XBRL data and you can choose which filings you want to be notified with:
- For XBRL Filings – for company filings with XBRL data such as 10-K, 8-K, 10-Q, etc.
- For Other Filings – for company filings in HTML (without XBRL data) such as proxy statements DEF 14A, PREM 14A, CORRESP, etc.
- Alerts can be turned off or customized whenever you wanted to receive them in Email, XBRLAnalyst Ribbon, or Both. Turning alerts on will promptly notify you on related reports by the companies in your CList, just minutes after SEC filing.
2. Receive notifications on the 20 most recent filings in SEC database.
This feature is integrated in the system to notify you the 20 most recent reports filed in SEC database at real-time basis. This means that you will receive automatic updates on daily SEC filings.
XBRLAnalyst also included some stock marktet indexes (DJI, F500, S&P 500, SP100) in its system. If you also wanted to receive notifications from these companies’ filings, export the Ticker list to excel and save it as another Clist.
- Choose your preferred market index, and the list of companies will be shown in Financial Explorer
- Point to the ticker column, right click and choose “Paste All in Excel”. The Ticker list will be exported to Excel.
- Save the Ticker list as your new Clist and follow steps in No.1 above.
If you are interested to try XBRLAnalyst for Excel or iXBRLAnalyst, just register for a test drive. If you need assistance building Excel models that leverage XBRLAnalyst tools, contact us at email@example.com. For video tutorials, visit our website or Youtube Channel. To follow our posts and updates, please add our Twitter and Facebook accounts.