There has been a consistent demand to streamline the laborious work of organizing various financial data and creating them into comparative reports, timely and effectively. Benchmarking or comparing company’s performance to its competitors or industry metrics, is usually facing issues on onerous process of data gathering and account term inconsistencies.
Therefore, XBRLAnalyst designed in its “Normalized Financial” a specific account which will optimize inconsistencies while adopting the fully integrated reporting concepts and disclosures required for financial statements. And with its additional tool on “Ratio Analysis”, a considerable amount of time spent on such issues can now be saved.
Using below steps, XBRLAnalyst generated a Benchmarking Report within minutes:
- Click the “Compare Companies” button and choose the companies to compare as to their relative period. In our example, we will be comparing five companies from the industry “Surgical and Medical Instruments and Apparatus (Sector 3841) on their 2015 Fiscal Year reports.
- Then, in the “Normalized Financial” window, select the facts for comparison. We will make a complete Ratio Analysis” for the companies:
- Next, choose the Report Style, and here, we chose Style 2:
- Finally, the Ratio Analysis report was generated as sampled below:
- Moreover, Comments on each value shows a short summary of related details for easier track and validation.
- “Blank” value means that the company does not have value amount for particular account. As per report generated, Cryolife Inc. declared dividends, but Iradimed Corp. did not declare any dividends for year 2015.