Finstatement is a very powerful XBRLAnalyst excel function that returns array of financials that a company reported up to 20 periods, incorporating all changes on financial reporting style. It can generate all financial concepts that a company used in its statement (IS,BS,CF), provide segments or dimensions of a financial concept, and filter these dimensions by using specifiers. Below are details and applicaiton samples:
To pull Financial Statement
- =Finstatement("AAPL","BS") - To pull all financial concepts used by Apple in their Balance sheet. Alternatively, change the second parameter "BS" into "IS" to pull Income Statement and "CF" to pull Cash Flow
- Once financial metrics/concepts were provided, you can return values by using Finvalue ror XBRLFact functions, and add third parameter "period" to specify period.
- Click here for video tutorial.
To pull Financial Concept Segment/Dimension
- =Finstatement("AAPL","[Revenue]") - to pull all reporting segments of Apple on their "Revenue" account from most recent report.
- Then, use Finvalue ror XBRLFact functions to return values and add third parameter "period" to specify period.
- Click here for video tutorial
To Filter/Breakdown Financial Concept Segment/Dimension